“It’s seven-days-a-week health monitoring. If there’s a change, we will see it and act on it.” – AnnMarie Garrison, President
VNA Health at Home’s Telehealth Program enables patients to become more independent in the management of their own health.
Click here for a closer look at the Telehealth equipment!
What is Telehealth?
It is the use of telecommunications and information technology to provide quality healthcare to our patients in their own homes. We supply them with in-home Philips Tele-monitoring equipment which allows for daily remote monitoring of blood pressure, pulse rate, pulse oximetry, and weight. A VNA Health at Home Care Manager reviews each patient’s data on a daily basis through a secure web-based Clinical Review Application. Physicians are alerted when a patient’s measurements or survey responses fall outside the limits established by the physician. Reports are provided to the physician on a frequency requested by the physician.
Why should patients use Telehealth?
In-home monitoring provides patients with the right care, in the right place, and at the right time. Tele-monitoring is not intended to eliminate in-home nursing visits. It is our mission to help decrease the frequency of unnecessary visits, while maximizing the effectiveness of time spent in our patients’ homes. It is a win-win situation for everyone.
- Allows for DAILY clinical management and oversight
- Fills in the “gap in care”
- Identifies patient exacerbations and promotes earlier intervention
- Increases communication with patient / caregivers
- Improves resources allocation
- Helps reduce ER visits and hospital readmissions
- Encourages self-care behaviors
- Improves compliance to care regimen
- Improves patient / caregiver satisfaction
- Decreases anxiety by taking an active role in own care
- Empowers patient by taking an active role in own care
- Decreases unplanned emergent care and hospitalization