Scheduling Services (860) 274-7531 | (888) 274-7531
It’s easy to make a referral to VNA Health at Home! We accept referrals by physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, patients, family or friends. Please call us at 860-274-7531 or toll free: 888-274-7531 and ask to speak with a member of our intake team.
It is helpful to have the following patient information available when you call:
- Demographic information (name, birthdate, address, phone, social security number, insurance
- information, emergency contact)
- Physician’s Name
- Basic reason for referral and services requested
- Current medications
Here are a few other issues you may be wondering about—
How are home health care services paid for?
- In addition to accepting Medicare and Medicaid, we are also able to work with most private insurance companies
- Patients can pay privately for services not covered by insurance
Who is eligible for home health care services?
- People who are discharged from a hospital, skilled nursing or rehabilitation facility but are not yet fully recovered
- People with an illness, injury, recent surgery or other condition that makes it difficult to manage at home
- People who need assistance with activities of daily living
- People who have had joint replacement surgery
- People with wounds, pneumonia, congestive heart failure , pulmonary disease or other chronic condition
- People with a terminal illness